Certificate Course Descriptions:
The Online Professional Certificate in Functional Nutrition is an instructor led, web-based certificate designed to meet the growing demand for Registered Dietitians, DTRs, personal trainers, athletic trainers, allied health/medical and fitness professionals and the general public who would like to obtain the latest roadmap on selecting the best functional nutrients and super foods. This comprehensive Web-based Certificate program provides an in-depth examination of contemporary nutrition topics designed to inform individuals about the latest research on eating super foods, organically, and genetically modified foods. Additional topics include shopping for functional foods successfully, environmental nutrition issues, and educating you on eating earth-friendly food sources.
This certificate program has two required courses:
Course 1: Smart Nutrition: Healthy Eating for all Generations
This course is based on current and peer reviewed research that will provide professionals and nonprofessionals alike an easy to use roadmap for improving eating habits. Topics covered will include: exploring genetics, eating attitudes, food and fitness behaviors, and environmental and practical tips for making positive and fun dietary changes! In addition, there will be a focus on achieving and maintaining a healthy productive life for individuals and families at all ages. You will learn to use available resources and tools, including reputable free web-based programs to guide you.
Course 2: Advanced Nutrition: Super Foods for the Family
This course presents details on the science behind super foods, revealing how food can increase your overall performance. By completing this course, you will learn how to shop for the best foods; understand which foods to avoid; the science behind organic foods; and the best super foods to buy on a budget. Based on the latest research, this course covers the legitimate effect food has on performance, colds/flus, chronic disease, memory loss, cancer, and a lot more as well as the antibacterial and home remedy properties of super foods. In addition, the latest food and health trends are covered, helping you to sort fact from fiction.
Format of Online Program:
- The Program a self-paced, online distance education certificate that is an instructor facilitated program
- The Online Certificate program can be completed in the convenience of your own home, office, or classroom
- You have eight weeks per course of unlimited individual access to complete each course (pass rate required: 70% per course). In addition students have 1 full year to complete the 2 required courses.
- Online module quizzes and final certificate exam are automatically graded for immediate results
- Graduates will receive a certificate via email upon successfully completing the program and passing the required courses.
- Prerequisites: It is recommended that you are a current Registered Dietitian and/or DTR seeking CPEUs, or have a personal training/fitness certification, or are a graduate/current student with a degree in nutrition, exercise science, fitness, athletic training, physical therapy, or other related allied health/medical field
- Access courses from any Web browser
- Allows you to progress at your own pace through the online format
Online Program Requirements:
- A computer with email and internet connection
- Online students should have basic computer knowledge
Additional Course Materials: (Order information will be received after certificate registration)
- Annual Editions: Nutrition (Order the most recent copy in publication). Publisher: McGraw-Hill
Our Refund Policy: Once you receive the access procedures for the course(s)/program(s) you registered for, NO refunds will be accepted.