Certificate Course Descriptions:
The Online Professional Certificate in Women’s
Exercise Training and Wellness is an instructor led, web-based certificate designed to prepare graduating
students for a career working with women of all ages at medically-based
fitness facilities, community wellness programs, personal training
studios, physical therapy clinics, health promotion sites, and private
and commercial health clubs.
Students will learn how to apply their client’s health history, goals, and abilities integrating exercise science curriculum and practical training techniques into a systematic model that teaches students to progress their clients through various phases of a woman’s life.
This certificate program has four required courses:
Course 1: Female Anatomy and Physiology
course is designed for students to gain an understanding of the
musculoskeletal and functional anatomy of the female pelvis, including
the reproductive system, the hormonal/endocrine system and key muscles
of the Pelvic Pyramid™. Emphasis is placed on joint range of motion
(ROM), bone density, hip stability, mobility and the pelvic floor
Course 2: Designing Women's Exercise Programs
course teaches students how to establish exercise
programs/prescriptions, exercise-related goals and objectives,
appropriate training modifications, and program evaluation strategies.
Additional topics include specifically designing exercise programs based
on ACSM guidelines implementing resistance/weight training techniques,
flexibility/stretching training, and cardiovascular/aerobic/weight loss
plans incorporating the use of walking, running, and commercial
cardiovascular machine (treadmills, elliptical trainers,
stationary/recumbent bikes, etc.) programs.
Course 3: Women's Health and Wellness for Special Populations
course teaches students a more in depth look at different health
considerations women face at different stages of their lives and how to
appropriately adapt exercise and wellness programs to meet their needs.
Topics of interest include the “Female Athlete Triad”, pre and
postpartum fitness, women with pelvic floor dysfunctions, osteoporosis,
menopause, autoimmune disorders, and breast, ovary, and uterine cancers.
Students will gain an understanding of how to design exercise programs
for these special populations.
Course 4: Medically-Based Fitness Management and Administration
course provides the health/medical and fitness professionals a solid
background in understanding key terminology in medicine, health
promotion, and fitness. Topics include understanding the roles of
medical and fitness professionals, developing a medically-based fitness
model, key terms in healthcare administration, interacting with medical
professionals, and privacy issues and authorization forms for health and
Format of Online Program:
- The Program a self-paced, online distance education certificate that is an instructor facilitated program
- The Online Certificate program can be completed in the convenience of your own home, office, or classroom
- You have eight weeks per course of unlimited individual access to complete each course (pass rate required: 70% per course). In addition students have 2 full years to complete the 4 required courses.
- Online module quizzes and final certificate exam are automatically graded for immediate results
- Graduates will receive a certificate via email upon successfully completing the program and passing the required courses.
- Prerequisites: It is recommended that you are a current Certified Posture Specialist™, or have a personal training/fitness certification, or are a graduate/current student with a degree in exercise science, fitness, athletic training, physical therapy, or other related allied health/medical field
- Access courses from any Web browser
- Allows you to progress at your own pace through the online format
Online Program Requirements:
- A computer with email and internet connection
- Online students should have basic computer knowledge
Additional Course Materials: (Order information will be received after certificate registration)
Our Refund Policy: Once you receive the access procedures for the course(s)/program(s) you registered for, NO refunds will be accepted.